Ulka Ranadive, MBA '08
Ulka Ranadive, MBA 08

Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Spring break is finally here!

Over the past ten years, I have had the opportunity to experience winters all across United States - Missouri, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Illinois, California and now New York. While, I enjoyed the cold winters in Massachusetts and hated the awful wind chills in Illinois, I have mix feelings about the winters in Ithaca. It’s been rather cold but surprisingly pretty this year here in Ithaca

From shrubs to tree tops, Ithaca was drenched with heavy icing during last week’s freezing rain. The roads were slippery and we had our alert antenna ON all the time, especially when it came to driving on the hilly landscape of Ithaca ;). It was hence not surprising to bump into classmates who wanted to get out of Ithaca!

Well, the spring break is finally here and by tomorrow almost everyone would be out of Ithaca! While many of my classmates have left to meet their families, some have flown to enjoy the warm weather in Mexico, Virgin Islands and Panama. Others, who are actively seeking jobs in high-tech industry, have flown to Silicon Valley for the “Day in the Bay” event organized by Career Management Center at Johnson School. In case you don't know about this event, its an off-campus interview event held with West Coast employers for both full-time and internship positions. It is also a great opportunity for Johnson school students to network with one of the largest Cornell Alumni organizations that is located in northern California.

For me however, the spring break is a big relief from the hectic 16.5 credit course load and an opportunity to catch up my backlogged startup workload. It is also a great time to meet my three-month niece, Priti for the very first time and celebrate my father’s 73rd birthday in Washington DC with all my close family members. I am really looking forward to it...

But, before I disappear into my startup workload and family events, I want to share with you some of the campus photographs I took in the past few weeks. I hope you enjoy them, for winter in Ithaca is not all that bad!